Day 1

So I made it to Bard. I'm no longer in Boston, I'm no longer on vacation, and this big pile of clothes has fit into my suitcase.


The other kids in the group seem great. They're from all over the country, which for the moment is a welcome change from the type that finds its way to the Purple Valley. (You don't go to Williams??) It's been fascinating to find out how they all found their way into the Russian language. Whether it was art, family, music or just curiosity, every person so far has had an interesting answer. Tall talk for the first night, but I think this could be a terrific group of people to head to Russia with.
So what have we been up to so far? We've had an introduction to the history of the program (we study in a palace, by the way), we've done a couple bonding exercises, and we've opened up and discussed our innermost hopes and fears. Riveting. Tomorrow promises more of the same, but for now I have some free time. Bard's an odd college, maybe I'll find out more on my run.


1 comment: